Monday, December 2, 2013

A Christmas String of Paper

I love strings of paper. I love making them and giving them away. If you've been a follower of this blog you probably have seen some versions. They are here,  here and here, if you haven't seen them before. Basically a string for each season, and all that was missing was the Christmas string.

This is the easiest and quickest craft (perfect for this time of the year).

What you'll need:


  • any type of paper - I've used old book pages, carta varese, japanese paper
  • Christmas stamps
  • hole punchers
  • thread and glue dots if you're not using the sewing machine
Arrange the cut outs however you like them, there is no wrong way of course. Glue or sew them.

Wrap them nicely and give them away. They are perfect to include with your Christmas card as they don't add any more weight or make the envelope bulky.

Wishing you a great start of the week, and of the month (of course).
Giova

7 comments:

  1. Love how you add the stamps on old paper books to make the whole garland more beautiful and poetic ! For these on the pics, did you stitch or glue them? Not sure if the glue will really hold on a baker twine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These I've sewn with the machine, but I've done some with the glue dots. I think baker's twine is too thick and the paper to delicate. I would just use any sewing or embroidery thread you have. Even a bit of masking tape will do - i've also used that before!

      I'm glad you liked them!

      Delete
  2. Especialmente BELLO!!!!! Super DECORATIVO y para siempre....... Me encanta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I wish we lived closer........you are AWESOME, dear Gio.
    I am so glad to at least be able to see what you are making everyday through your blog.....
    Guess I better get my own photos up so we can balance out the creativity, hunh?
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should, just for balance jaja!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Information Article, It Was Very Helpful! A Christmas String Of Paper Attractive More Familiar With It Better! Thanks, Keep Doing Amazing.. wholesale bulk tea suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing this post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...