Friday, March 28, 2014

Things I Love #1 Flowers

I have been thinking for a while about this series that my sister started. As a crafter I'm always looking for inspiration, not always finding it, but the process usually yields good results. As Ralph says; "Life is a journey, not a destination."

With this new series I will be looking for inspiration, and in the process maybe, hopefully I'll get to inspire you.


These are some of the things I'm usually looking for:

  • patterns-  like the above flower
  • blue skies - a rare occurrence in this country
  • paper - old and new
  • flowers - like these ones in my home, apart from making me happy, they fascinate me
  • the perfect poem
  • handkerchiefs
  • shells
  • old fabrics (preferably white)
  • the right words (I know this sounds vague, but usually the right words trigger something in me)



These are my go to places to find inspiration:

  • walks, either in nature or in the city
  • nice stores
  • blogs
  • magazines
  • books
  • pinterest
  • lists
  • alone time (if possible)
  • trips
  • the treasures I have in my home - like above
  • workshops
  • music


I think more than anything else, inspiration is being in the right state of mind. In my own experience lots of moods work, like for example; being sad, bored, or happy are really helpful to me. Being tired on the other hand or exhausted never helps me, in fact it is when I'm the least productive. This of course is no big news, especially to new parents.

The daffodils above, grew in my balcony. The whole process was completely inspiring and grounding. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of tulips I planted.

I hope you like this series, and I would really like it if you let me know what sort of things you expect to see here, or want me to share more of?

Have an amazing weekend,
Giova

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh...... me encanta esa busqueda. Todo llega en su momento y suspiramos de satisfaccion. Cierto?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...