Thursday, November 13, 2014

This is it

As you may know (or maybe not?), we were in the process of deciding whether to stay here or leave. It has become a bit expensive for us, and we we're trying to decide what to do. No decision, not yet!

It is not easy not knowing… waiting in expectation, what will happen?, carrying a knot in my stomach, etc… All that wanting to know what decision is best was driving me a bit mad, but then I realized (with some help- read further), that I can't control anything, and there is really no point in worrying myself with things that I can't do anything about. Oh, it sounds so easy right?


For now, I'm finding solace in books (as I always have- I think they hold the answers to everything).
Especially the books by Pema Chödrön which have helped with almost everything. I always find the perfect book to read (like this one that I'm reading now, even the title is just right), or the perfect poem to help me through, and make me realize; "This is it. No one else has the answer."

I found the following poem here, which is a blog that I'm liking a lot lately. I was supposed to write it really nicely on my notebook but I haven't found the time. I hope you like it.

Always we hope
someone else has the answer.
Some other place will be better,
some other time it will all turn out.

This is it.
No one else has the answer.
No other place will be better,
and it has already turned out.

At the center of your being
you have the answer;
you know who you are
and you know what you want.

There is no need 
to run outside
for better seeing.

Nor to peer from a window.

Rather abide at the center of your being;
for the more you leave it, the less you learn.

Search your heart
and see 
the way to do 
is to be.

-Lao Tzu


I wasn't able to continue with the handmade gifts for Christmas because I'm alone with the kids, my little one has been a bit sick and I'm hammered. So hopefully I'll continue with it on Monday.

--I wanted to thank you all who left a comment on the giveaway. I loved reading all of your answers and as always I wish I had a gift for each one of you.

For this reason I have decided to do another giveaway (one of my garlands and one handmade notebook), but this time only on my Facebook page (so you'll have to go there to read about it). 


So with no further news, I say congratulations….




KIM!! Please get in touch with me with your details and your preferred notebook!

Have a lovely weekend and excuse the purple/blueish tint of the pic above, I've no idea where it comes from!
Giova.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you so much :-) I'm so grateful to have won!
    You sound sad though :-( I hope you feel better and have a chance to rest soon. Solace in books is a very comforting thing.
    Best wishes and MANY thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it once it reaches you :)
      I'm not sad, just tired, and yes, books are the best!
      All the best to you too!

      Delete
  2. Dear Gio, you feel like you are on a crosspoint and that if you go one way you will never know if the other way should have been better. I saw an interesting movie once, Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow.They show the consequences of one decision ánd the other ones. In real life we have to deal with 'this is it'as you wrote. I think the best decisions are your own decisions, taken with your heart, thinking of yourself, your children and your husband. In that case it will turn out right, what ever direction you will go! XXXhugs Elsbeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Elsbeth,
    I saw that movie too, isn't it great?
    I actually don't feel like I'm in a crosspoint, thankfully I've learned to trust my instinct, and I'm also not afraid to move. What is happening right now is that I'm learning to be OK when nothing is happening and no decisions can be made, at this point we are not able to do anything, and that is what I'm working on, it is always so difficult to put it in words.
    Thank you so much Elsbeth, I trust that it will all turn out right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tu sentimiento. Este conjunto de cosas que inspiran. Todo.............

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote by Lao Tzu. It speaks a lot to me as well. For a long time, I always remember a lingering desire to leave where I am, to completely deny a past that hurt me. There was always an assumption that things will be better had I lived here or there, that I'd be happier if I had this or that. But as I grew older, I learnt that all these shallow desires weren't very important at all, and they only made me less appreciative of what I have at present.

    Well, I believe that all our destiny has been set, and whatever decision we make from our heart will eventually take us to where we ought to be. I wish you all the best, dear Giova. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this with me. We always do tend to have assumptions of better things, and a better life, when the reality is that everything is perfect right where we are. The denying of that fact is what usually takes us away from our paths, but I also believe it is temporarily. As all things are, we just move in circles and one day we are up and the next we are down. I hope I'm making sense?
      All the best to you too :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...