Thursday, April 2, 2015

A workshop with Janet Bolton

I think I've mentioned before that one of the wonderful things about doing a workshop is the people you meet there. You not only learn from the teacher, but also from your classmates who have embarked in the same journey as you; to find inspiration, learn and get rid of all those ideas that need to come out.

This is the perfect moment for all of that, and much more. To talk about artists you love and learn about the ones you have never heard before. To show off your stash of fabric, and eat a biscuit or two (ok, maybe 10, or 20).

So without  further ado, I'll show you some of the beautiful work that was created during the workshop.

The pictures - above and below- are from my friend Ingrid. I was so, so, lucky to be sitting next to her and to share a bit more than just the love of fabric. Sitting next to her was an eye opener. Her work I find truly beautiful, and very inspiring.


The picture above- made by Rose- also blew me away. Everything about it; colors, placement, the subject matter, fabric chosen, and those tiny fishes. So beautiful I actually stared at it for the longest time. Thank you Rose for allowing me to take a picture.

A view of the class and all of our messes. What is up with those pops of cobalt blue??

Unfortunately I can't show you more work from my classmates. A little incident with someone in the group, made me rethink my curious attitude towards everyone's work. It is the first time that something like this has happened, as every time people have been very kind and open with their work.

So it blew me off a bit, but my thoughts are always: "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." But I also don't think you should be carrying your battle everywhere you go, and making everyone a part of it.

I hope you LOVE the work above as much as I did.
I send you all the best wishes for a happy Easter, may you find yourself surrounded by family and friends, and lots of chocolate eggs.
Lots of love,
Giova
P:S: Just FYI, I never take pictures without permission, ever. The incident above is someone who didn't want me to see their work. I say this because a lot of people have been asking me if it is because the person didn't want me to take a picture of their work.



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought so too, very talented ladies indeed!

      Delete
  2. Indeed I love all those sweet creations! Great workshop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful workshop, I can't recommend it enough :)

      Delete
  3. And YOUR work, dear one?
    I LOVE the pieces that your friends shared with you, photographically...THANKS!
    They are indeed extraordinary.....sigh..... Someday I will take Janet's course. Until then, I will dream about it....so GLAD you got to take it.......happy Easter to You, Giova. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My work is in the previous post dear Jone :)
      Yes, amazing work isn't it?
      I think you'll get your chance soon when she visits your town right??

      Delete
  4. Me encantan los trabajos. Y definitivamente. "por donde menos se espera, salta la liebre"... Esas personas, deberian inventar "un bolso" para guardar sus amarguras..... jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. El bolso ese es una muy buena idea, seria un bestseller :)

      Delete
  5. There always is someone that takes life, themselves and their work far too seriously.
    I just tend to feel sorry for them, imagining what their life must be like...

    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, and because of that they become quite bitter. They really should think that the only nice bitter thing is dark chocolate ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...