Monday, April 6, 2015

Write on Challenge

Just so you don't get all confused, this blog hasn't gone back in time to Valentine's day. I am cutting a bunch of hearts to sew together, but they are for a different matter.

What matter is that? you ask.

Well, a few days ago I read on Instagram about a challenge to write 30 letters in 30 days, and I was, WHAT!!!! I need to do that, but where will I get 30 people to write to.

Instagram and Facebook of course. I asked who wanted to receive a letter from me, and almost 30 people answered.

As you may or may not know April is National Letter Writing month. You can read all about the campaign here, and I think there is still time to order your free kit to get you started. They also recently started a lovely blog filled with wonderful inspiration in all things related to the art of letter writing.

Maybe you'll feel the need to send 30 letters out, or maybe just one or five. Any number is perfectly wonderful. Just a tiny grain to keep the art alive, is enough.

Confession: I'm actually not writing a letter per day. I have written more than one per day, but I have plenty of good excuses, for instance; I work from our dining table, and it can't possibly be a mess for a month, when I write letters, I also make things to send, like the garlands above, I do take my time to write, and decorate the envelope, and finally I have kids on vacation at the moment.

So, there will be days when  I'll write 1 or 3 letters and there will be days when I won't be able to write anything at all.

I do hope you find a little time this month to send out a letter. If you need ideas on what to include with your letter, you can check out The Flat Project.

All the best,
Giova

8 comments:

  1. ...hmmmmmm, I tend to write in bunches, too. Might need to join this challenge, too. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once the creative groove and writing juices are flowing then why stop, right?

      Delete
  2. I would love to receive a letter from you, Giova. I will write to you and send some items that I have made...Patricia. ps. I do need your postal address...would love to meet you one day...who knows? what life has in store for us.--Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear. Would love to send you a letter. Will you send me an email, and I'll send my address as well?? Meeting in person would be lovely, maybe right?

      Delete
  3. My letter arrived in Yorkshire this morning and cheered me up. I will post pictures on the Paperlove site. I have a package for you ready to take to the post office later. Thanks Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. Looking forward to my letter:-)) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. "De que callada manera........." Me gusta tanto, y tanto!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spy my letter! So fun to see it here, even better in person! Thank You! -julia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...